Power Up: Replacing Your Car Battery
AAA tests and replaces batteries so you can stay on track.
You probably don’t think much about your car battery—until you have to. For years, it has reliably started your vehicle (and occasionally someone else’s, thanks to jumper cables) and provided power for every major component and energy-hungry system.
But everything has a lifespan, so when your battery starts giving you trouble or won’t power your vehicle at all, here are three easy, convenient ways to replace it:
- Leverage AAA Mobile Car Battery Service via AAA Roadside Assistance on the road, at home or at work. For more than 20 years, AAA has dispatched units to test batteries and, if requested, install new batteries on the spot.
- Purchase a new battery and have it installed at participating AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities or AAA-owned Car Care locations*.
- Buy a battery directly from any NAPA Auto Parts location and install it yourself.
Vehicle battery benefits
With a new AAA battery, you’re buying more than just a reliable power source. You’re also enjoying these member benefits:
- Battery testing and vehicle starting/charging system testing
- New battery installation on most vehicles
- Disposal and recycling of the old battery
- AAA Member pricing discounts
The AAA battery: peace of mind
The AAA battery comes with a nationwide three-year replacement warranty, so keep the receipt handy. (AAA recommends storing it the glove compartment or console.)
*Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and South Carolina